The Montessori School of McLean
Our Application Deadline was February 14, 2015. All applications received after February 14 will be considered as rolling admission, if there are openings at that level; or wait-pool if the level is fully enrolled.
Pre-Primary (toddler) ages 24 to 36 months: All applications received after February 14 will be considered for the wait-pool.
Pre-Primary (toddler) wait-pool
- The Pre-Primary (toddler) class is fully enrolled for Septembe 2015. If you are interested in applying for the wait-pool, you are welcome to attend the Primary tour on Monday, April 13, 2015 between 9:00am and 10:45am. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School tours are for adults only and consist of a PowerPoint presentation by the Academic Head of School, a walk through the school with the Director of Admissions, an opportunity to sit inside a Primary classroom and the one Pre-Primary (toddler) classroom to observe; then a question and answer follow-up session.
Primary ages 2.9 years and potty-trained through age 6:
- We will host a School Tour on Monday, April 13 between 9:00 am and 10:45am.
- School tours are for adults only and consist of a PowerPoint presentation by the Academic Head of School, a walk through the school with the Director of Admissions, an opportunity to sit inside a Primary classroom to observe; then a question and answer follow-up session.
Lower and Upper Elementary ages 6 - 12 years:
- Both Lower Elementary and the Upper Elementary classrooms are fully enrolled for September 2015.
- All applications received after February 14 will be considered for the wait-pool. Applicants who completed the process prior to the deadline have until April 1 to enroll. Any remaining spots after April 1 will be filled from the wait-pool.
Please contact the Director of Admissions, Leslie Montague, at email@example.com with questions.
- Please write to schedule an informal, 10-minute walk-through the school prior to the formal tour in April. We look forward to sharing our unique school with you!
Thank you for your interest in the Montessori School of McLean. Our school provides an enriching Montessori environment for children aged 24 months through 12 years. We look forward to sharing our unique program with you and working together to provide an optimal educational experience for your children.
Our Primary School program is Monday through Friday mornings, 8:45am until 11:45am. A student becomes eligible to stay for the full-day Montessori program until 3:30pm on his or her fifth birthday.
- Extended Day (until 3:30pm) for 2 through 4 year-olds
- Aftercare (until 5:30pm) for 2 through 6 year-olds
- Optional after-school activities (until 4:30pm) for 5 through 12 year-olds
The Montessori School of McLean is accredited by both the American Montessori Society (AMS) and AdvancED/Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
MSM has been fully accredited by AMS since 1995, and is the only not-for-profit accredited Montessori school in Northern Virginia. As an accredited school, it strives to maintain an authentic Montessori environment for children aged 24 months through 12 years. On July 19, 2012, we received our most recent reaccreditation from AMS.
Click on the following links to view the REQUIRED FORMS for MSM.
Required for Attendance
Virginia State Medical form.pdf [must be updated every two years]
Emergency Care Form 2012-2013.pdf [must be completed by the start of each school year]
Required as Needed
Food Allergy Action Plan.pdf [required if a child has allergies to food.]
Medication Administration Form.pdf [required if a child needs medication during school. One form is required per medication. For children under five, each form must be updated every six months.]
Want to save time—and a stamp? Next time tuition and/or fees are due, you can skip the stamp-and-envelope routine by choosing to pay online through the Intuit PaymentNetwork. Top three benefits to paying the MSM invoices this way:
- You’ll save time.
- You’ll save money—keep your stamps and skip that trip to the post office.
- Easy and free for you to use. Always.
Here’s how it works:
- click on the link that says "Pay by IPN.”
- enter your banking information and the amount .
Every transaction is confidential and your privacy is protected by Intuit.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the MSM bookkeeper, Wasim Malik at 703-790-1049 x 13 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you shop at Amazon? MSM will earn a percentage of every purchase that parents, grandparents, teachers, staff, students, and others make through Amazon. Bookmark this MSM link and just click on the Amazon button to start shopping to earn FREE MONEY for our school. Important note: you MUST connect to Amazon through the MSM website for our school to earn the percentage.
Trevor Eissler's Montessori Madness! A Parent to Parent Argument for Montessori Education
A Peek Inside a Montessori Classroom
"This video was created as part of the documentary film project, Building the PInk Tower. To learn more, visit www.buildingthepinktower.org"
"Ancient Meteorites, Mars Probe Parts Thrill Students in McLean" as featured in the Sun Gazette, June 5, 2013.