Thank you for your interest in the Montessori School of McLean!
- December 1, 2016 was the application deadline for Pre-Primary (toddler ages 24-36 months) applicants. That class is full with a 10-person wait-pool. We are no longer accepting any applications for the Pre-Primary class wait-pool; and
- February 1, 2017 was the application deadline for Primary (ages 3-6) and Elementary (ages 6-12 transferring from other Montessori schools) applicants.
We do have a few openings in our Elementary classes for students transferring from other Montessori schools.
The five Primary classes (pre-school ages 3 by September 30 to age 6 and potty-trained) are FULL for September 2017; however, we will have a few ROLLING openings in our Primary program this fall as the two year-old children turn three.
The openings will be available on:
- October 1, 2017;
- October 15, 2017;
- October 23, 2017;
- October 30, 2017;
- November 6, 2017;
- January 2, 2018 (2 openings)
If you have a child who is age-eligible for one of our classes with an opening, please contact the Director of Admission, Leslie Montague at LMontague@mcleanmontessori.org to schedule a walk through the school and classroom observation.
We look forward to sharing our school with you!
ADMISSION TOUR DATES for the September 2017 thru mid-June 2018 school year:
Primary ages 3 years by September 30 and potty-trained through age 6:
- Monday, October 3, 2016 (full)
- Monday, October 31, 2016 (full)
- Monday, December 5, 2016 (full)
- Monday, January 9, 2017 (full)
- Monday, January 23, 2017 (full)
- Monday, January 30, 2017 -- new tour added. This is the final tour prior to the February 1, 2017 application deadline.
All Admission Tours begin in the lobby at 9:00am and end at 10:30am and are for adults only. At the tour you will receive an Admission Tour Packet which will contain helpful information about Montessori education and our school in particular as well as an Application for Admission.
The Admission Tour starts with a presentation by the Academic Head of School, followed by a walk through the school with the Director of Admission, an opportunity to sit in a classroom and quietly observe, and a follow-up time for questions back in the Science Lab. Parent Observation Visits in the classroom are required because at MSM we believe the best way for you to select a school is to see it firsthand.
- The Application Deadline for all new Primary students (ages 3-5) and all Elementary (grades 1 - 6) students is Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
We mail Acceptance Packets and notify prospective parents of the decisions of the Admission Committee the first week of March 2017.
Lower and Upper Elementary ages 6 - 12 years:
- Monday, October 17, 2016
- Monday, November 7, 2016
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 6:30 - 8:00 Bridge to Elementary
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017 9:00am - 10:30am: Montessori at Work
Parents, we hope you will be able to join us for these Parent Information opportunities!
Since the Elementary tours occurred in the fall, prospective new parents are welcome to attend the following parent information events as well.
Bridge to Lower and Upper Elementary, Rising 1st and 4th Years: Wednesday, January 11, 6:30 – 8:00pm
Come learn about the Elementary program at each level, and all the great things your child can do in the Montessori Elementary classroom. Join the Elementary teaching team to learn about: the curriculum areas; special projects, trips, and activities; and what makes MSM’s Elementary program unique and exceptional in the northern Virginia area!
Please RSVP to the office at 703-790-1049 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Elementary Montessori at Work, Wednesday, January 25, 9:00 - 10:30 am
You are cordially invited to enjoy a morning of lessons from Elementary students. Parents of current Elementary students are encouraged to come and see their children at work, and parents of Primary students are encouraged to come see the possibilities! Visit the Lower and Upper Elementary classrooms and receive lessons from the students. You will have the opportunity to see a wide variety of materials, lessons, and concepts learned in the Montessori Elementary classroom.
Please RSVP for these functions at 703-790-1049 or email@example.com to let us know you are coming!
Pre-Primary (toddler) ages 24 to 36 months:
- Monday, October 24, 2016 (FULL)
- Monday, November 14, 2016 (FULL)
- These two tours are the only ones offered for the September 2017 school year Pre-Primary (toddler) program.
- The Application Deadline for Pre-Primary (toddler) children (ages 24-36 months) was December 1, 2016.
Please contact the Director of Admission, Leslie Montague, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and to RSVP for a tour.