Thank you for your interest in the Montessori School of McLean!
- December 1, 2016 was the application deadline for Pre-Primary (toddler ages 24-36 months) applicants. That class is full with a 10-person wait-pool. We are no longer accepting any applications for the Pre-Primary class wait-pool; and
- February 1, 2017 was the application deadline for Primary (ages 3-6) and Elementary (ages 6-12 transferring from other Montessori schools) applicants.
We do have a few openings in our Elementary classes for students transferring from other Montessori schools.
The five Primary classes (pre-school ages 3 by September 30 to age 6 and potty-trained) are FULL for September 2017; however, we will have a few ROLLING openings in our Primary program this fall as the two year-old children turn three.
The openings will be available on:
- October 1, 2017;
- October 15, 2017;
- October 23, 2017;
- October 30, 2017;
- November 6, 2017;
- January 2, 2018 (2 openings)
If you have a child who is age-eligible for one of our classes with an opening, please contact the Director of Admission, Leslie Montague at LMontague@mcleanmontessori.org to schedule a walk through the school and classroom observation.
We look forward to sharing our school with you!
Admission Process: Five Easy Steps
1) Attend a School Tour: School Tours are held on certain Mondays from 9:00am - 10:30am and are for adults only. The Tour consists of a presentation by the Academic Head of School, a walk through the School, the opportunity for a short classroom observation, and an opportunity for follow-up questions. Please e-mail the Director of Admission, Mrs. Leslie Montague, to RSVP for a tour. Please see the Admissions Calendar tab for Pre-Primary (toddler), Primary, and Elementary Tour dates. Her e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Parent Observation Visit: During your School Tour, participate in a Parent Observation Visit because at MSM we believe the best way for you to select a school is to see it firsthand. You will be invited to spend time in a classroom, observe the teachers and children, ask questions of the Director of Admission and the Academic Head when you return to the Science Lab for a Q&A session, and receive additional information you may need. This will help us each determine if our school is a good match for your child and your family.
3) Complete an Admission Application: Submit the completed Application Form and Parent Questionnaire found in your blue tour packet along with the $125 Application Fee by the Application Deadline for for the level you are applying for. The differing Application Deadlines are listed under the Application Calendar tab. Your will receive an acknowledgement by email that includes details about the next step, the individual Child Visit.
4) Have Your Child Visit: The purpose of the individual Child Visit is to assess your child's readiness for the program to which you are applying, to familiarize your child with the environment, and to help determine the best classroom placement for your child. All applicants must come for a visit in order to be considered for placement.
5) Sign a Contract: After the Child Visit, and after the school has completed its re-enrollment process in February, you will receive written notification of the decision made by the Admissions Committee the first week of March.
We will notify you either:
a) that we are offering your child a place at MSM,
b) that your child has been placed in the wait-pool, or
c) that we are unable to accommodate your child.
If we are able to offer your child a place, you will receive a Tuition Contract as part of that notification. Please sign the contract, make a copy for your records, and submit the original to the office with the specified Enrollment Deposit. There is a reasonable amount of time, usually two weeks, to sign and submit the contract.
Once the contract and deposit have been received in the office, a place will be reserved for your child. Applications received after the Application Deadline will be processed on the availability of places in the requested program.